Winter storms can strike quickly and sometimes without warning. Are you prepared?
Rain, snow, and high winds can all occur in the wintertime and create challenging conditions.
- Keep your vehicle's gas tank full.
- Have a cell phone charger for your car in case the power goes out.
- Don't forget about your pets; they need to be prepared too. Make sure you have an adequate supply of food and water for them.
- Keep an adequate supply of your prescription medications on hand.
- Don't go out if you don't have to; slippery roads and falling limbs are hazardous.
- Stay clear of any down power lines- they may still be energized! Learn more
- If you have a generator, make sure it is properly installed and operated.
- NEVER use charcoal or fuel powered heaters indoors - they produce deadly carbon monoxide.